When you join a local MAOMA-affiliated landlord chapter, you automatically become a MAOMA member as well.
BENEFITS OF MAOMA MEMBERSHIP
- MAOMA lobbyist and MAOMA representatives - are active in proposing and defending key pieces of legislation that affect our industry. We scan a large volume of legislative documents written each year and stand up and lobby for the issues that most affect you the landlord. We inform and educate our state legislators with the goal of making state landlord/tenant laws practical to work with and fair to all. MAOMA lets you know what is being proposed and what laws are being passed or amended. We participate so that your voice is heard.
- Comprehensive Maine Eviction Manual - produced by the Greater Portland Housing Association and edited by David Chamberlain, Esquire, of Ainsworth & Thelin, P.A. of South Portland - a great reference source - tells you what you need to know, but is not a substitute for legal advice. Contact MAOMA for special member price.
- Maine Landlord-Tenant Statutes And Commentaries - "Maine Landlord-Tenant Relations, Process and Procedures" -by Neil S. Shankman, Esquire and David J. Van Baars, Esquire of Shankman & Associates Legal Center of Lewiston, Brunswick and Yarmouth - published by Neil S. Shankman, Esquire and Maine Real Estate Managers Association - a comprehensive overview of all aspects of Maine landlord-tenant law. Not to be used as a substitute for the advice of a lawyer. Contact MAOMA for special member price.
- Informative Members only access web-site - with links to local MAOMA affiliated chapters, Legislative documents and issues, Our Pledge, Timely Tips, MAOMA members and links to many other web-sites of interest to Maine landlords.
- A state-wide board of directors - dedicated to the interests of Maine apartment owners and managers.
- Discounted prices through group buying power. Many MAOMA affiliates offer deep discounts on heating oil and on other supplies, plus access to discounts from area merchants. MAOMA is working on statewide plans, as well.
- Rental forms - available through several of our affiliated chapters.
- Meetings and seminars - that are both educational and afford members occasions to share their expertise with others.
For additional member benefits, visit the web sites of our affiliated chapters.
To join MAOMA and one of it’s affiliated chapters, contact your local chapter listed below and mail it with your check to your local chapter. After your application and check are processed, you will be automatically enrolled as a member of both your local affiliated chapter and the Maine Apartment Owners and Managers Association.
Farmington Area Landlord and Managers Association (FALMA)
PO Box 66, Farmington, ME 04938
(207) 778-0204 or
Greater Bangor Apartment Owners and Managers Association (GBAOMA)
PO Box 2414, Bangor, ME 04402-2414
(800) 941-8812 or
Southern Maine Landloard Association (SMLA)
PO Box 3115, Portland, ME 04104-3115 www.smlamaine.com
For membership contact: Kathryn Martin - Treasurer, (207) 799-0694 or
.$60 membership, includes emailed newsletter. OR $80 membership includes mailed hardcopy of newsletter.
SMLA meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month, except July & August, at: The Wyndham Hotel, Exit# 45 of the Maine Turnpike, 363 Maine Mall Road, So. Portland, in the Sebago Room.
Mid Coast Area Housing Association (MCAHA)
P.O. Box 282, Bath, ME 04530
; or 751-7231 (Peter) at
RUM-MEX Rental Housing Association (RMRHA)
53 Summit St., Mexico 04257